Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Oh, for Crying Out Loud!
You know how most places nowadays have smoking and non-smoking sections? Well, I was thinking that there should be a children and non-children section. God, I can't go anywhere without some kid squealing its freaking head off.

As you may have guessed I'm not a kid friendly person. I do not go gushing over babies. I do not pretend to like the antics of toddlers. I do not indulge the babble of grade-schoolers. I do not like children. Sure I'm not out and out mean. But it will be a cold day in hell before I volunteer to take care of a little one, especially one that is not my own.

I'm not quite sure how this adverse attitude of mine towards the newborn kind developed. It's just that one day I noticed that everywhere I go there's a crying kid. And I do mean everywhere. And this was just in one day. Subsequently after that I kept on noticing it. If it isn't a crying kid, it would be a bratty kid that keeps on running around, not caring if they bumped into people. There was even this one time that the bratty kid was bumping into people on purpose.

Malls, fast food joints, high end restaurants, cinemas, etc. In my mind it's like there's no place they cannot infiltrate. No place for people to be in where they can just relax and not be frazzled by someone else's child. And it's not like you can deny them entry to these places. They have rights, I know that. But why can't they just stick to certain areas. Areas that are sound proofed.

To me it's like smoking. A smoker willingly smokes even though it inconveniences and even harms the general public with whom they can come into contact with when not in the privacy of their own property. However you cannot deny them their right to smoke either. So in order to achieve balance, most places have designated smoking and non-smoking areas.

It's the same with people who bring children with them. They do this willingly even though some of the actions of their little one inconvenience and may even harm others. Suing parents over such misfortunes are costly and even more inconvenient for the general public. But as I said before, we cannot deny them access to places such as restaurants, malls, etc. So in order to have balance they should have children and non-children areas.

But alas this seems to be a pipe dream, and I may forever be eating to the sound of enraged sobs of some child whose parent doesn't even bother to calm it down. The best I can hope for is that the parents of these children have enough common sense to be considerate enough to try to calm down their offspring. The thing that bothers me more than kids acting up are parents who do nothing about it. I especially hate parents who continue to stay inside the cinema despite the fact that their kid is bawling its eyes out and ruining the whole movie experience for everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johann said...

kala ko naman sinong FC.....

hahaha...

ikaw pala...

waahhhhhhh!!!

3:22 AM, October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

posted by Insanity Supreme at 11:01 PM
about me
Insanity Supreme

View My Profile
previous posts
The World goes BOOM!
Cruising for a Slap in the Face
Ode to my Dying BookWorm
Popeye the Sailor man be banned from being viewed ...
Shhh I'm not Really Here
My Bullshit Encountered a Bullheaded Rule
It's Really about the P word
Christian Snobs a.k.a. Fish Magazine is a Bigot Pu...
Bloody Valentine
Welcome to 2005
archives
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
January 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
October 2009
links to other blogs in blogspot
Uppers and Downers
A Star in My Own Right
Whine, Whine, Whine. Do You Want Cheese With That?
Clint Becomes a Butterfly
links to other blogs outside blogspot
Scribblings by Lizbeth
American Idle
music
It's Not That Easy Being Green