Sunday, September 17, 2006
Don't Go There. Don't. Ahhhhh Man....You Went There.
Wow, the new pope sure isn't making any new friends is he?

For those of you who haven't heard, the pope gave a speech in Germany wherein he referenced some old passage that criticized people practicing Islam for using violence to spread the faith. Now the pope claims that he wasn't calling people practicing Islam as being violent. The message of the speech was to not use violence no matter what religion you are practicing.

Now, I haven't read the speech the pope gave since it's long, full of big words and boring so I'll give the pope the benefit of the doubt and believe him. But for a person so commonly praised as a brilliant academic, he can't find another text to use in his speech that will not insult any religion? Surely there must be other articles he could have used.

Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone says that the pope wants Christians and Muslims to respect each other. I do recall him giving speeches of that sort however what I don't recall is him doing anything to have that come about other than giving speeches. I am surfing the web to find out if he has visited any Muslim countries since he has been elected as pope. So far all I've found out is that he seems to be visiting Germany a whole lot.

Hmmm, just a thought, maybe his plan would work a lot better if he also visited Muslim countries instead of always going to Germany. But I guess if he was planning on doing that, that plan would be moot right now since the citizens of those countries would not welcome him.

As a person who is being represented by this guy to the rest of the world, I have this to say to him about this incident, "Great job, D.W.!"

Side Note:

Is this the face of person you would follow? I agree that looks should never factor in choosing a person for a job, except if they are models, but frankly he looks like a scary man-eating guy who would scare off potential Christians and children of all faiths.

<< Home

posted by Insanity Supreme at 2:45 AM
about me
Insanity Supreme

View My Profile
previous posts
My Belated Weigh In On the Attack on Lebanon
My Battle Cry
Which House Character Am I?
Gender of my Brain
The British Stiff Upper Wit
Speedos: God's gift to women.
Appreciating the Finer Things in Life
Electric Fan, I Love You
Goal Book circa 19Naive
It's not Kinky when your HMO approves it
archives
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
January 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
October 2009
links to other blogs in blogspot
Uppers and Downers
A Star in My Own Right
Whine, Whine, Whine. Do You Want Cheese With That?
Clint Becomes a Butterfly
links to other blogs outside blogspot
Scribblings by Lizbeth
American Idle
music
It's Not That Easy Being Green